Will Work For Books

A blog of life, books and food...

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

Monday, October 30, 2006

Karma will bite you in the behind every time

I remember thinking as I drove to the bookstore what could possibly happen tonight? I will be working only to put away books. But, something did happen. I was at the cash register while the other bookseller scanned books in the children's sections. For 15 minutes I was at the cash register. Apparently that was enough time for disaster to strike. Be careful what you wish for...or in my case what you think about.

When the keyholder went to reconcile the registers she found she was missing $90. She was freaked. She ended up calling the manager that was now manager at another store and after I thought about it for a while I asked her if she had a $100 bill? One of my last customers handed me a $100 bill for a $3.99 book. So I gave him change of around $95. I think I must have mistook the $10 bill for a hundred as is was new and that new yellow. I have to say though, that the customer didn't say a word. And it was a regular customer! If I ever see him again.... arghh...well, I will point him out to my manager.

So now I have something on my record. This sort of thing never happened at the megabookstore as they never put me at the cash register. Maybe they knew something I didn't

Where does Karma come in? Last thursday when we had that explosion of books (which I have to mention has happened again! You can't even walk around in the back room!) the assistant manager was asking us to stay until 9:30 and put away books. The keyholder said no. She had midterms and I had work the next day. Because of the snafu with the money we ended up staying until 9:40. Like I said, Karma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home