Will Work For Books

A blog of life, books and food...

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

Friday, May 11, 2007

All Things Must Come to an End (But Not This Blog!)

So much has happened. I have been busy going to Lisbon and London for my other job. Reading tons of books. Oh, yeah, and I just found out that my little bookstore where I work is closing at the end of the month. Ugh.

Apparently this was supposed to happen last month, but no one told us, so we went on our merry little way selling books. Now the store is on sale and people are asking questions, which we answer and each and every answer pounds home that in a few weeks I will not be working in the little store anymore. I have been offered a job at a big store near to where my everyday job is. Its a nice store, but I want my downtown store. All the people whom I have become friends with are moving onto other stores. I will have to make friends all over again. Double ugh.

This explains so much though. Why they haven't been actively seeking a new manager. If the store is going to close down, you don't need a manager do you?

On a risky front, I have written to the mayor and the redevelopment agency hoping they will intervene. But I am realistic. We are a tiny little guppy in a sea full of whales. If either of them take notice of me, I will be shocked. I consider this risky because if the corporate office were to find out what I have done, they may not agree that interferring with a business decision is a good employee decision. But I have to try for my own sanity.

So, my adventures will continue. Just not at the little store anymore. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home