Will Work For Books

A blog of life, books and food...

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Management's Revolving doors- part 2

Yep, its happened again. We have lost our new manager. And I can call her our "new manager" as we got her in the middle of December and now its in the middle of January and she is gone. Gone where? Have no idea. All the assistant manager would say was the district manager and the old/new manager parted ways amicably. Whatever that means. Sounds like divorce-speak to me.

In case anyone is counting we will be on our 4th manager since I have started working at this store (around 6 months). Okay, can no one else see how insane this is?

Definitely don't want the assistant manager taking over. He's still a baby, even at 21 or however old he is. No, I don't have problems taking orders from someone younger than me, just someone who still has a lot of learning to do. One of our keyholders is better at managing the store. Already since she has come back from vacation, the store looks a hundred percent better with all her cleaning and organizing efforts. And, no, I don't think she can throw her hat in the ring for the position of store manager. She has been at the store as long as I have and is not even an assistant manager. The assistant manager did say that he threw his hat in the ring. I do hope they realize he still has a bit more to learn.

But on to fabulous news. Robin Schone's new book is on the book shelves!!! Finally...finally...FINALLY!!! Why am I making such a big deal about this? This book was supposed to come out when I was working at the ginormous bookstore. That was over, my god, 5 years ago. March of 2001, I believe, was the original publishing date of the book, then it got moved to September and then 2002...then it dropped from the rolls altogether.

I checked Robin's website, trying to figure out what happened. News on the sight said she was in negotiation with the publishers. Delay, after delay, after delay and finally its here. When I saw it back on the publisher's list, I have been trying not to hope to hard, thinking I was going to be disappointed yet again, but its here. I have it right next to me.





In that time the title has changed and the cover has changed. I liked the original title AND the original over. I am plagued with curiosity. I always want to know the story. What happened?

But, so far have read 3 chapters (and I intend to read some more when I finish this post) but its good. I can't wait to get to the meat of the novel.

And speaking of writer's disappearing off the face of the earth, I am still wondering what happened to Josie Litton (aka Maura Seger). Kiss of Death was supposed to come

out last year and its like Josie dropped off the face of the earth. I have always loved Maura Seger and her habit of flitting from pseudonym to pseydonym makes it hard to keep track of her. I hope she pops back up...just don't know if I will be able to find her again.

That still doesn't detract from my joy that Robin is back. I sincerely hope its not another 5 years before her next book. I know, its sad, I haven't even read this one and I am grousing about the one to come. Very sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home