Will Work For Books

A blog of life, books and food...

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

Monday, November 13, 2006

Sick, sick, sick...

When I walked into the bookstore on Thursday the first thing I noticed was the assistant manager's gravely voice. Then the other bookseller looked at me and I saw her red nose. Ugh. Sickies.

All three people working in the store were sick, not including me and now I am just waiting for the cold to pounce on me. I hate colds! I haven't had my flu shot yet and here I am running around unprotected. I am just asking to be sick.

Then there's the fact that the same guy I gave the $95+ in change to for the mistaken $10 bill was there. He bought another bargain book: $4.99 this time and paid for it with a $20. I bet it was the same $20 that I gave him. I pointed him out to my manager as he was walking out the door, but, really, there is nothing that can be done, other than to ask him to return the money. Yes, like that is going to happen. Now I REALLY don't like the guy.

I did finish "The Ice Prince" by Emma Holly...that same night! Yet again I stayed up way too late reading. I tried to put it down and go to sleep but I had had caffeine earlier that day and so there I was wide away at 1 in the morning. What else could I do but read? But the book was fabulous. Can't wait until she writes some more. Wow, though, her books are really steamy.

I also finished Robin D. Owens book, "Heart Quest". I do love her books, but I feel at times they are a bit slow. You plod through them, plod plod plod. :-) Having said that I always pick up the next one as soon as it shows up and read it, therefore there must be something appealing about them that makes me read them, though I really can't say what.

I have finally started reading "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham. I am only maybe, 1/5 of the way through it and all I can comment now is how it really emphasizes that the possibilities of youth shine so bright and the reality of adulthood dull them. Its sad to me that what we sometimes invision our future to be as a child is so different from what it really ends up being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home