Will Work For Books

A blog of life, books and food...

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Must Reads!!!

I hate to use cliche's, but they work. Sadly, they work too well sometimes. So forgive this one.

When it rains, it pours...especially in the romance world. Fabulous books are out and I have no time to read them all. But I have read quite a few.

I love Nalini Singh. The head of the romance reader's book group that I go to once a month urged me to check out one of her books. Rarely am I pleased with other people's suggestions. Yet, after she mentioned her for the umpteenth time, I finally broke down and bought a book. Actually, I bought an anthology "The Magical Christmas Cat" (who came up with that weird-ass title?), so if I didn't like Nalini's story, I would have 3 others to try out.

I went out the very next day an bought all the Nalini Singh books I could get my hands on. And then passed the addiction along to another friend. Nalini is contagious.

Her newest novel this month is "Angel's Blood" which starts a whole new series separate from her psy/shapeshifters series. Beyond being a fabulous writer, Nalini creates story lines that seem wholely unique from what is already out there. And "Angel's Blood" has the best ending ever!



Beyond "Angel's Blood" which I read in December as an ARC, Elizabeth Vaughn is coming out with "White Star" and Angela Knight is coming out with "Guardian".

"Guardian" is totally yummy. There is no other way to describe it. And "White Star" has renewed my faith in Elizabeth Vaughn. After "Dagger Star" I was devastated that maybe she has lost her super-writing powers. But, no, they had just been temporarily paralyzed, I think. But, now that I really reflect on it, It seems every other book is not as good. Maybe that's the pattern. Anyhow, after reading "White Star" I immediately went back and reread "Warprize". Love that book!

But up next, is "Bone Crossed" by Patricia Briggs. And can I just say what a gorgeous cover? I am thinking that maybe I will take this one on the plane with me while I fly to Seoul (to visit a friend, vacation, whoo hoo!). I was astonished to see "Bone Crossed" advertised in Entertainment Weekly a couple of weeks ago with a full page ad. Wow, how you get that PR as a writer? I have never seen that except for really big writers and rarely for SciFi.

Meanwhile, Stepanie Laurens and Robin Schone and Mary Balough and Emma Holly are all coming out with novels now or in the very near future. I guess my days of sleeping are over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home